The Anderson Public Library is pleased to announce a contactless curbside service available for all members of the library. The new service is part of a phased reopening plan to start offering services in a safe manner.
Although the library is still closed to the public, members will now be able to reserve items via the library’s catalog system and schedule a time to pick them up. Items that are reserved will be gathered by staff members safely so as to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
Just follow these easy steps to utilize the new curbside service:
- Log into the library’s catalog by clicking here. You will need your library card number and PIN. If you don’t know your PIN, please call the library at (502) 839-6420 to reset it.
- Find the item you would like to pickup. Click on that item and click the “Place Reserve” button and follow the instructions.
- A library staff member will contact you to schedule a time for pickup. Pickup is only available on an appointment basis.
- When you arrive to pickup your item, park in the back parking lot and text your full name to (502) 369-3606 or call the library’s phone number at (502) 839-6420.
- A library staff member will bring your items out to a table near the rear entrance.
- Please stay behind the red line on the sidewalk until your pickup is ready. All return items must go in the book drop in the parking lot.
Curbside pickup is available on an appointment basis on Monday through Friday from 9:30am to 12:30pm and 3:00pm to 5:30pm as well as on Saturday from 10:30am to 12:30pm. Curbside appointments can only be scheduled up to two business days in advance. Reservations cannot be scheduled for same day pickup. Reservations for items can be placed over the phone by calling (502) 839-6420 on Monday through Friday only. The library building is not currently open to the public and no other services are available at this time.