The Anderson Public Library offers free notary services to the public. Notary services are available Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm. Extended hours may be available. Please call the library at 502-839-6420 to confirm a notary is available at the time you visit the library.
Library notary guidelines:
• A valid photo ID is required for all those signing the document to be notarized. These IDs include US state issued driver’s licenses or ID cards, US passport, or US government ID cards that include a photo, signature, and physical description of the holder. IDs must NOT be expired.
• Library notaries cannot predate or postdate an action, prepare a legal document, or give legal advice. Notaries cannot notarize any document in which they have a personal interest.
• Notarized documents must be signed in front of the library notary. They cannot be notarized if they have already been signed.
• Certain public documents cannot be copied and notarized. These include birth certificates, death certificates, and marriage certificates.
• The library will not provide witnesses, and witnesses may not be solicited from members using the library. In order to serve as a witness, the witness must be personally known by the person whose document is being notarized and must be in possession of valid photo identification.
• Notaries will not provide service if a member, document, or circumstance of the request for notary service raise any issue of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt, or uncertainty for the library. In this event, the library notary may, at his or her sole discretion, decline to provide notary services.
• Notary services are not available for titles, wills, living wills, and depositions.