With the right tools, a little elbow grease, and especially the know how, anyone can save thousands of dollars repairing things around the home, car, and even electronics. Check out some of these great free tutorials and resources offered by the Anderson Public Library to fix common problems.
• Ask the Builder – Created by award winning builder and nationally syndicated columnist, Tim Carter, this site is chock full of great home repair video tutorials, tool reviews, project ideas and more. There’s even a free newsletter.
• Family Handyman – Although a subscription magazine, their online site is loaded with dozens of free repair tutorials that go into great detail.
• Home Time – One of the longest running home improvements television programs, Home Time has hundreds of videos and how to info to help you build just about anything.
• Auto Repair Reference Center (EBSCO) – With just a library card, you can access thousands of manuals on how to replace broken parts on just about any vehicle. Extensive details on replacements are available.
• Chilton Library (Gale) – Another great repair and replacement resource available with just a library card. Gives access to repair guides used by professional mechanics and much more.
• DIY Auto School – Looking for some video repair guides? Look no further than the DIY Auto School on Youtube!
Consumer Products Repair
• Repair Manuals for Everything (I Fix It) – Is the screen broken on your iPhone or you want to upgrade your computer? I Fix It has tutorials to help repair thousands of different electronics.
• Repair, don’t Replace – A great article showing tips to fix 15 different kinds of items.
• Your Bike: Park Tool – Fixing your own or your child’s bicycle is super easy with the right knowledge. There are lots of videos and tutorials to help guide you along the way.
Don’t forget to check out the digital resources page for even more helpful resources offered through the Anderson Public Library.