Friends of the Library
The Friends of Anderson Public Library welcomes donations. FAPL’s mission is to provide financial support for literacy initiatives in Anderson County, particularly in regard to children. Thank you!
Please help the Library staff and our FAPL volunteers by observing the following guidelines. These revised guidelines will be in effect while Anderson Public Library is under renovation.
We gratefully accept:
• Hardcover and paperback books in good condition
• Games and puzzles in good condition
• CDs, MP3s, and DVDs that have been commercially produced.
• Anderson Public Library cannot accept donations during the renovation period.
• Donations can be brought to the Friends Bookstore on the 2nd Wednesday of every month from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Do not leave donations outside the doors. There will be Friends volunteers inside the Bookstore at those times.
• Before you donate a book, hold on to the spine and shake gently. Often people leave things in books and forget about them, such as receipts with banking numbers, photographs, even cash.
• If you have a large donation that requires special handling, please call 502-839-3484 and ask to speak to Donna. If Donna is unavailable, or you reach an answering machine, leave your name and phone number so that a FAPL volunteer can contact you to arrange drop-off or pickup of your donation.
• If you would like a receipt for tax purposes, count the materials that you are donating. Leave a note in the bags/boxes with your name, address, and the number and type (books, CDs, etc.) that you are donating. We will mail you a receipt, but we cannot put a value on your donation.
We cannot accept:
• Damaged, yellowed, soiled, musty or moldy books
• Clearly outdated materials
• Condensed books (e.g. Reader’s Digest books)
• Encyclopedias or textbooks
• Computer games
• VHS tapes
• Vinyl records
Please call (502) 839-3484 if you have books you wish to donate.
Be sure to leave your name, phone number, and mention
“Friends” and “Books to Donate”
President, Donna Herrick
Vice President, Mary Drummer
Treasurer, Julie Hunsinger-Mink
Secretary, Saundra Sutherland
Donations are tax exempt as allowed by law. Please make checks payable to “Friends of the Library”. Bring or mail this form to the Anderson Public Library, 114 N. Main Street, Lawrenceburg, KY 40342.
Donations of slightly used books, audiocassettes, and children’s books and games are accepted throughout the year. Also need—Dry Storage Building. For more information, contact a Friends Board Member or the Anderson Public Library at (502) 839-5420.
Friends Meetings are the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 5:30 p.m.
Friends Book Sales
Friends Book Sales: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
· Friends Building – Behind the Library on Main Street
· Find us on Facebook
· New selections at each sale
· Over 7,000 books in stock
· We sell books for cheap!
2018 Book Sales Dates