The Anderson Public Library welcomes your request to reserve one of its meeting rooms. The meeting rooms are made available for all open to the public, non-profit events on a first come, first served basis. You can request a room reservation here or by calling (502) 839-6420, weekdays 9am-5pm. You will receive a confirmation message from the library if your request is approved.
Please note the following requirements for room reservation requests:
• You must be 21 or older and have an Anderson Public Library card in good standing to reserve a meeting room.
• Your reservation request must be made 24 hours prior to use (before 4pm on Friday for weekend requests) and no more than three months in advance.
• Your meeting must end 30 minutes before the closing time of the library.
• You will receive a confirmation message from the library if the request is approved.
Using the Room
• Your chosen meeting room must be appropriately sized for the group or the library may reassign or cancel the request.
• You and your group may not charge admission or solicit during meetings.
• You and your group may not use the meeting rooms for personal events like birthday parties.
• You must have an adult over 21 years old be present for teenage or children’s groups.
• You and your group may not use alcohol or tobacco products anywhere on library grounds.
• You must not attach signs or other materials to walls, doors, etc.
Cleaning and Damages
• You will inspect the meeting room with a library staff member before the meeting.
• You must leave the room in its original, noted condition.
• You represent the group requesting the room and all charges for damages will be placed on your APL account.
• You will be charged $75 for a cleaning fine if the room needs cleaning after the meeting.
Please read the complete meeting room policy below:
Anderson Public Library
Meeting Room Policy
Approved August 19, 2014
Revised November 21, 2017
Anderson Public Library’s meeting rooms are made available to the public for non-profit events on an equal first come, first serve basis. All meetings are open to the public. Library sponsored activities take precedence over non‐Library uses of the meeting room. Permission to use the Library facilities does not, in any way, constitute an endorsement by the Library of the group or the group's beliefs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Anderson Public Library cardholders, in good standing and at least 21 years of age, may reserve a meeting room appropriate for group size. The cardholder is considered the official representative of the group and shall be responsible for seeing that Library policies are observed and communicated to the group. Teenage and children's groups shall have an adult sponsor, at least 21 years of age, present during the entire meeting.
2. Any fees for damages or cleaning shall be charged to the applicant’s Library account.
3. The library will not provide computer/equipment assistance for devices not the property of the Anderson Public Library nor assume any responsibility for any malfunctions or damages to said computer/equipment.
4. Meeting rooms are booked on an equal first come, first serve basis. Reservations may be made online at aplkentucky.org/room-reservations/ or by phone, weekdays 9AM-5PM, (502)839-6420. Reservations should be made at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. Reservations may not be made more than three  months in advance. An organization may schedule no more than one reservation per week per month. Exceptions may be made for government agencies and library organizations. Reservation requests are not final until confirmation message received from the library.
5. The Library reserves the right to change or cancel any meeting if circumstances at the Library so demand, including room reassignment based upon size of the group. The Library reserves the right to reject any application if it is determined the group has abused its past meeting room privileges.
6. Meeting rooms are only available during the Library’s normal hours of operation. All meetings must conclude 30 minutes prior to Library’s posted closing time.
7. Groups using the Library meeting rooms shall hold harmless the Library, its board of trustees, and staff from any and all claims or actions attributable to the use of the Library facilities.
8. Groups shall hold harmless and indemnify the Anderson County Public Library District, its Board of Trustees, and staff from and against any and all liability which may be imposed upon them for any injury to persons or property caused by that organization or any person in connection with that organization’s meeting.
9. The Anderson County Public Library District, the Board of Trustees, and staff, collectively and individually, are hereby released and discharged from any and all liability for any loss, injury, or damage to persons or property which may be sustained by reason of a meeting.
10. Meeting rooms are not available for personal or private parties such as birthday celebrations, showers, or receptions. The meeting rooms shall not be used for any unlawful purpose and meetings shall not disturb normal Library function.
11. The official representative shall, prior to taking possession of the Meeting Room, complete a walk-through of the reserved space with Library staff. Then, the official representative shall sign the approved form acknowledging their agreement to follow Anderson Public Library’s Meeting Room Policy. Meeting Room setup and tear down is the responsibility of the group using the room. The group is expected to return the room to its original orderly condition. Chairs are to be returned to carts and tables clean. Trash is to be put in trash receptacles. Library staff will return equipment to storage.
12. No fees may be charged to attendees. No solicitation is permitted. No sales are permitted unless authorized by the director at a library sponsored event.
13. Alcoholic beverages or tobacco products shall not be served, used, or consumed on library grounds.
14. Groups reserving the meeting room shall not use the Library’s name, logo, or address in any way that indicates Library sponsorship of their event. This does not apply to events that the Library agrees to co‐sponsor.
15. All flyers, notices, signs, advertising and/or postings of meetings shall not in any way state or imply that the Library endorses or supports the meeting or the subject being discussed at the meeting.
16. The Library reserves the right to approve flyers, notices, signs, advertising or postings of meetings for conformity with paragraph 15, above.
17. Groups may not attach or affix anything to walls, doors, or removable partitions in any library facility without prior permission from the Library.
18. A violation of this policy may result in the inability to use the Library meeting rooms in the future. This decision shall be left to a determination by the Director of the Anderson Public Library.
19. The Library strives to make meeting rooms available at no charge. However, if the room is left in an unsatisfactory condition or if there is damage to library property, the cardholder who submitted the reservation will be notified at the time the damage fine is added to their account.
Cleaning Fine: $75
Damage Fine: Damage to Library property or equipment will be assessed at full replacement or repair value.