Meeting Room Policy
- Anderson Public Library cardholders, in good standing and at least 21 years of age, may reserve a meeting room appropriate for group size. The cardholder is considered the official representative of the group and shall be responsible for seeing that Library policies are observed and communicated to the group. Teenage and children’s groups shall have an adult sponsor, at least 21 years of age, present during the entire meeting.
- Any fees for damages or cleaning shall be charged to the applicant’s Library account.
- The Library will not provide computer/equipment assistance for devices not the property of Anderson Public Library nor assume any responsibility for any malfunctions or damages to said computer/equipment.
- Meeting rooms are booked on an equal first-come, first-serve basis. Reservations may be made online at aplkentucky.org/member-services/room-reservations or by phone at (502) 839-4620, weekdays 9AM – 5PM.
- The Library reserves the right to change or cancel any meeting if circumstances at the Library so demand, including room reassignment based upon size of the group. If the Library is closed due to inclement weather or any other circumstance, the meeting rooms will be unavailable. The Library reserves the right to reject any application if it is determined that the group has abused its past meeting room privileges.
- Meeting rooms are only available during the Library’s normal hours of operation. All meetings should conclude 30 minutes prior to Library’s posted closing time. Groups should allow proper time for set up and clean up when requesting their meeting time.
- Groups using the Library meeting rooms shall hold harmless the Library, its board of trustees, and staff from any and all claims or actions attributable to the use of the Library facilities.
- Groups shall hold harmless and indemnify the Anderson County Public Library District, its Board of Trustees, and staff from and against any and all liability which may be imposed upon them for any injury to persons or property caused by that organization or any person in connection with that organization’s meeting.
- The Anderson County Public Library District, the Board of Trustees, and staff, collectively and individually, are hereby released and discharged from any and all liability for any loss, injury, or damage to persons or property which may be sustained by reason of a meeting.
- Meeting rooms are not available for personal or private parties such as birthday parties, showers, or receptions. The meeting rooms shall not be used for any unlawful purpose and meetings shall not disturb normal Library function.
- The official representative shall, prior to taking possession of the Meeting Room, complete a walk-through of the reserved space with Library staff. Then, the official representative shall sign the approved form acknowledging their agreement to follow Anderson Public Library’s Meeting Room Policy.
- No fees may be charged to attendees. No solicitation is permitted. No sales are permitted unless authorized by the director at a library sponsored event.
- Alcoholic beverages or tobacco products shall not be served, used, or consumed on Library grounds.
- Groups reserving the meeting room shall not use the Library’s name, logo, or address in any way that indicates Library sponsorship of their event. This does not apply to events that the Library agrees to co-sponsor.
- All flyers, notices, signs, advertising and/or postings of meetings shall not in any way state or imply that the Library endorses the meeting or the subject being discussed at the meeting.
- The Library reserves the right to approve flyers, notices, signs, advertising or postings of meetings for conformity with paragraph 15, above.
- Groups may not attach or affix anything to walls, doors, or removable partitions in any Library facility without prior permission from the Library.
- No materials or supplies may be left or stored at the Library. Groups may not use the Library as a mailing address.
- A violation of this policy may result in the inability to use the Library meeting rooms in the future. This decision shall be left to a determination by the Director of the Anderson Public Library.
- The Library strives to make meeting rooms available at no charge. However, if the room is left in an unsatisfactory condition or if there is damage to Library property, the cardholder who submitted the reservation will be notified at the time the damage fine is added to their account.
Cleaning Fine: $75.00
Damage Fine: Damage to Library property or equipment will be assessed at full replacement or repair value.